I am totally borrowing an idea from my predecessor here! Check out the original below:
So, I want to share with you a few of the (mostly unintentionally) hilarious, and also sometimes adorable, things my toddler says.
- Mack-a-kwee – This is how he pronounces Lightening McQueen. It’s completely adorable, and I know he’s going to quickly start saying it the right way, but I’m enjoying it while it lasts!
- Thank you for helping me – Rather than whining, I’ve been trying to encourage my little guy to ask for help when he needs it. Suddenly, after I refilled his milk cup, completely unprovoked he says “Thank you for helping me!” Cutest. Thing. Ever!
- Hexa-john – We’ve been working on our shapes, and he’s gotten really good at heart, circle, and some of the more simple ones. I started introducing some more complex shapes, including hexagon, which he pronounced “hexa-john”. Which promptly reminded him of his Uncle, and he asked “Where is Uncle John?”.
- Skitches – His new favorite song is Stitches by Shawn Mendes. Without fail, he always calls it “skitches”. Also, another song he loves listening to is Exes and Oh’s, but he calls this one “Uh-oh’s and oh’s”. Lastly, while singing along to the radio in the car, I told Jonas “I love when you sing, you’re such a great singer!” He held on to that comment and occasionally tells me “I love it when you sing!” when we’re in the car together. FYI- I can’t carry a tune in a bucket, which makes it more endearing to me!
- What happened to me? – He’s really into asking lots of questions, figuring things out, and especially wanting to know “Why?”. So recently he’s taken to asking “What happened to me?” each time he slips, falls, or runs into something. It’s especially hilarious when it’s something very obvious and he already knows the answer to the question.
- Let’s talk about it – He randomly took me by the hand and walked me into the bathroom, got a seriously look on his face, cocked his head to the side, and said “Let’s talk about it…” After I stopped laughing, I asked what we needed to talk about and why we were in the bathroom to talk about it. He never answered, and I never figured out what we needed to talk about, but I definitely got my laugh in for the day!