My now 3-year-old is always good for a laugh. He is starting to tell jokes on purpose, but he can still crack me up unintentionally. Here are a few of the gems he’s come up with recently. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have!
1. “Are we going to go tomorrow or to-now?”
2. *I try to comb hair, but it’s very knotty and matted* I ask rhetorically, “What is in your hair?” Jonas answers: “Surprise! Cheese!”
3. *wearing one of moms shoes and one of dads* “Look at my shoes!”
Me: “They look a little big…”
J: “They look perfect to ME…”
4. I had a busy day planned – going to the rec center to work out, going to work, and bringing Jonas to the babysitter while I did this. So we had a lot of baggage to carry with us! Lunches, change of clothes, purse, work bag, diaper bag…Moms- you know the drill. Jonas pick up one bag, points at the rest of the pile and says, “You can carry these”…thanks, buddy.
5. We’ve been introducing time and temperature now that he’s getting numbers. This morning he pulls back the curtain covering his window in his room and excitedly exclaims “It’s 60 degrees!” Apparently, he can tell just by looking!
6. A friend of ours is pretty short in stature and said “I have T-Rex arms” to jokingly explain why he couldn’t reach something Jonas was asking for. That information (partially) stuck and a few days later he was reaching for a stuffed animal and yelled, “I can’t reach it! I have eggo-saurus arms!” That’s how he says stegosaurus.
A few good ones I’ve shared on Twitter as well…
— Mom Explores VB (@MomExploresVB) March 25, 2016
— Mom Explores VB (@MomExploresVB) April 8, 2016
— Mom Explores VB (@MomExploresVB) April 5, 2016
Hope you guys get a kick out of these like I do!
Click here for more funny stuff Jonas’ said: