A BIG congratulations to our first winner, Leah Parrett!
1. How long have you (or your spouse) been in the military and what branch are you in?
My husband has been in the Army for 10 years and we’ve lived in VA and Italy
2. How many children do you have? (Names and Ages).
Colin, 8, Veronica, 7, Jake, 4, and Alexandria, 9 months
3. What fun things do you like to do with your kiddo(s)?
I love to take the kids to the beach, the zoo, the aquarium, and the park.
4. What is the hardest part about being a military mom?
The hardest part of being a military mom is when Dad has to leave or works crazy hours. We’re about to go through a year long separation due to the military and trying to explain it to the kids is hard. They might understand he’s leaving but the stress and anxiety that comes during the separation sometimes gets the best of everyone.
5. What advice could you give to other military moms about parenting while in the service?
The best thing a military spouse can do is find friends (especially if your family lives far away like ours) and groups to join. If you’re religious, finding a great church helps as well! Our church has become our family away from home! Also, take a little time for yourself. While your kids are your world, sometimes recharging your battery is the best thing your can do for yourself and them!
Thank you Leah, and thank you to your husband for his service! And thank you to Virginia Beach Bounce House for providing tickets for this awesome military family!