Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! I love the intimate family time. Nothing rivals the bonding I’ve experienced over the holidays. It probably helps that the first time I met my husband’s family was over Thanksgiving dinner. I’ll be the first to tell you, I am not the craftiest or most creative person. So when preparing a dish to bring to a holiday get together, I have a few staples I stick to and I’m going to share one of my favorites with you! FYI- this is not health conscious!
1 ½ sticks of butter
¾ cup of peanut butter (I like creamy, but you could use crunchy if you prefer)
½ cup of firmly packed brown sugar
5 cups of cool whip (this translates to a little over a tub – cool whip conversions can be a little confusing! You can use 1 ½ tubs for a creamier taste or 1 tub for a more peanut-y taste)
1 bag of chocolate/peanut butter chips (you can use either or, if you’re like me, both!)
1 pie-crust (I prefer chocolate crust for this pie!)
- Soften (don’t melt) butter
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter until blended
- Stir in Cool Whip until fully blended
- Stir in ½ of chips of your choice, or ¼ bag each of both!
- Pour into pie crust and smooth out
- (optional) Sprinkle top with your choice of chocolate or peanut butter chips
- Freeze for 2 hours before serving
Freeze leftovers. Thaw 20 minutes before serving.
Hope you and your family enjoy this as much as we do!