Hi! I’m Kim, a mom to an adventurous preschool-aged year old boy, and a new little guy as well! I’ve recently left my job, taking a leap of faith that a different direction in life would make me a happier and healthier wife, mother, and all-around human being.
A few random facts about me:
- I love both hip-hop and country music. And most everything in between. My son and I often have dance parties in the living room.
- Friends is one of my favorite shows of all time! If you ask me for advice, there’s a pretty good chance I’ll reference a scene from the show in our conversation. I also love The Office, Golden Girls, Boy Meets World, Community, and Parks and Rec.
- I’m passionate about saving money! Essentially, I’m frugal.
- I have a double uvula. It’s that thing that hangs at the back of your throat – mine splits! It’s shaped like an upside-down V. This was always my unique fact during ice breakers on the first day of school.
- I have a Master’s degree in education and have worked with children for all of my adult life.
- My husband and I both used live in the same small town in New Jersey when we were young, though not at the same time. We realized it during a discussion after we met in Virginia, hundreds of miles away and quite a few years later.
Meet the rest of the Mom Explores team here!